June 25, 2011

NZ INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL: A PREVIEW

Well, the Auckland programme for the annual NZIFF has launched and Flicks have got a run down of every film so far announced. I ran my keen wee eyes over the huge list of films and found more than a few that caught my attention. The Festival starts in Auckland in just over three weeks time and winds its way down to Wellington in just over a month (with the Wellington leg of the programme launching next week on June 30) so we can enjoy a fortnight of glorious cinematic gorging and madness.

I've got a long list of 60 films.

One of the reasons I love the annual Film Festival so much is that it is very eclectic; it's a film festival with something for everyone. On my personal long list I've got everything from Tree of Life to Hobo With a Shotgun. From classics like Taxi Driver and Metropolis to exciting new films like Trollhunter and Submarine. And I haven't even had a chance to read the entire programme yet! Needless to say, when I get a look at the full programme for Wellington I'll be talking a little more about those films I'm looking forward to most. And, as I did last year, during the Festival itself I'll be writing up every single film I see. I'm looking forward to it, all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment