May 3, 2011

An Announcement

You may notice the big widget at the top right of this blog; this is my announcement. As you know, I love films and I do dearly love those weird, genre and off-beat films. So, as part of making 2011 awesome I have decided to try and realise a long-time dream of mine: Fantastic Fest. Fantastic Fest is THE annual event to see weird, genre and off-beat films. It is one of the top film festivals in the world and is held at one of the leading lights of cinema exhibition, the Alamo Drafthouse.

It is also in Austin, Texas. And, as you may know, I am some 7,000 miles away in Wellington, New Zealand. 

Getting there isn't cheap and I've decided to raise the necessary funds to realise this dream. I have set up an IndieGoGo campaign (the previously mentioned widget on your right) and I need YOUR help. Please, donate (if you can) through IndieGoGo (all amounts are in US!) but more importantly get the word out on the street, the information superhighway, anywhere you can. Tweet it, blog it, facebook it, whatever you can do... it's appreciated, truly.

Attending the week long Fantastic Fest and cramming my wee cranium with explosive cinematic goodness would be a dream come true. And, of course, I would be blogging the ENTIRE FESTIVAL; the complete experience. Please, help me get there. It's all explained on the IndieGoGo campaign page.

Thanks. 

What am I in awe of? FANTASTICNESS

No comments:

Post a Comment